Anxiety and I are old friends. I check the backseat every time I get in the car. I investigate every bump in the night. A big truck drives by our house, I think to myself "this is it!" and I brace myself for "the big one" (ok, this is a slight exaggeration)...
I'm a worrier. And I'm working on it.
Sharing my fears helps me release them into the air. They don't totally disappear, of course, but they spend more time outside of my head and are more manageable. And yeah, sharing my fears helps me laugh at myself. I know they are ridiculous, but here we are. So, with that: below are the top seven things I'm worried about as we embark on our trip.
1. Baby sleep. Baby Sleep Rule #1: If your baby has been sleeping, don't ever speak about it out loud. Just as fast as you can say, "It's so great that Baby sleeps straight through the night now," you will find yourself right back in the trenches at 3am, negotiating with a small human.
2. My sleep. This goes without saying, but if baby doesn't sleep, mama doesn't sleep. But that's the tip of the iceberg (see below things that would also prevent me from getting some shut-eye).
3. Safety on the road. Have we ever towed anything before? Not really. Ever been RVing? Nope. But mostly I worry about other drivers and the stupid sh*t people do while driving.
4. Severe weather. What I can't get out of my head is how many news stories about severe weather talk about the weather destroying an RV park. Add bad weather to the above idiot drivers, and I've got a major anxiety attack on my hands.
5. Trailer theft. We tow her so how hard would it be for someone else to steal Betina? Fairly easy, but then again if a thief wants to steal something, they will find a way. Most RVs and trailers are stolen from storage facilities or off of dealer lots. We'll be taking a few preventive measures to make sure Betina is safe: buying a hitch lock, making her more recognizable, only parking in secure spots.
7. Critters. Spiders, more specifically. This one stems from some gross pin I accidentally found on Pinterest.
So there you have it. I'm sure I will add more to the list as time goes on. One of my biggest goals for this trip is to come out of it a little bit less of a scaredy cat.
Is there anything else I should be afraid of? Terrorize me in the comments!